I’ll be presenting “The Basics of Probate” to a group at Creekside at Bethpage on Thursday, July 20th at 6:00 p.m. Sign up to attend and you’ll find out the following:
What do you do when your spouse or a loved one has passed away? On top of the grief which you experience from your loss, must you now spend countless years going through “probate?” Fortunately, the probate process can be done efficiently and quickly, and often times probate is not even necessary. This presentation will provide advice about how to avoid the probate process through diligent planning and explains the basics of going through probate should it be necessary. Important issues and topics to be addressed include:
- Whether you need to use an attorney for probate or can do it yourself
- How to handle probate if you choose to do it yourself
- Key terms involved in the probate process.
- First steps to take when you are administering an estate.
- Determining whether or not estate administration is even necessary.
- Means by which to avoid probate without a trust (and without lawyers).
- How to avoid probate with common assets, like real property and cars.
- Shortened probate methods, such as summary administration, spousal allowance, and collection by affidavit
- Overview of the complete probate process and critical document filings
I’ll be presenting “The Basics of Estate Planning” to a group at Carolina Preserve on Wednesday, July 12th at 10:00 a.m. Sign up to attend and you’ll find out the following:
What is the difference between “estate planning” and having a will? Do you even need a will? Who will take care of you when you can no longer do so? Do you need a trust? This presentation explains some of the fundamental estate planning documents and what they accomplish. After attending this presentation, you will understand what a will, power of attorney and trust can and cannot do. Important issues and topics to be addressed include:
- What does a will do? Is one necessary?
- When should you update your will?
- What are typical provisions in a will?
- What is a power of attorney?
- What is a health care power of attorney? What is a living will?
- Do you need a trust? What are the pros and cons of having a trust?
I’ll be presenting “International Estate Planning” to a group at the Cary Senior Center on Friday, July 7th at 10:00 a.m. This presentation will assist foreign nationals and their families by providing advice for individuals interested in estate planning who are either foreign or have property and/or assets in another country. Sign up to attend by contacting the Cary Senior Center.
I’ll be presenting The Basics of Estate Planning to a group at the Raleigh Senior Center on Tuesday, June 20th at 1:00 p.m. Sign up to attend and you’ll find out some of the fundamentals of estate planning.
I’ll be out at Creekside at Bethpage this Thursday evening from 6-7 to present The Basics of Estate Planning. I’m looking forward to meeting all the residents of this community!