I’ll be presenting “The Basics of Estate Planning” to a group at Carolina Preserve on Wednesday, July 12th at 10:00 a.m. Sign up to attend and you’ll find out the following:
What is the difference between “estate planning” and having a will? Do you even need a will? Who will take care of you when you can no longer do so? Do you need a trust? This presentation explains some of the fundamental estate planning documents and what they accomplish. After attending this presentation, you will understand what a will, power of attorney and trust can and cannot do. Important issues and topics to be addressed include:
- What does a will do? Is one necessary?
- When should you update your will?
- What are typical provisions in a will?
- What is a power of attorney?
- What is a health care power of attorney? What is a living will?
- Do you need a trust? What are the pros and cons of having a trust?