I will be presenting “Living Trusts: why you probably don’t need one” to my friends at Creekside at Bethpage on Tuesday, August 29th from 6-7 pm.
Have you gotten a postcard recently from an attorney telling you not to be a “burden” on your children, to avoid “burdening” them, you must use a trust? Are you afraid of the “hassle” and “delay” of probate? Do you wonder if your neighbor having a trust means you should have one too? This presentation takes the mystery out of living trusts and explains when a trust is necessary and when it is not. Important issues and topics to be addressed include:
- When is a trust necessary? When is it not?
- What is a living trust? What is a testamentary trust? Do you need either?
- How does a living trust operate?
- Does a trust help you avoid creditors?
- Does a trust really help you avoid probate? (you might be surprised)
- How you can avoid probate without a trust (and without lawyers)
- Are other documents needed if you have a trust?
- How does tax planning tie in with a trust?